Send them to every account person in your company. Send them to every creative director – because they should expect nothing less from their account team. Here’s my top 10:1. Define success.
6. Take the word ‘brief’ seriously.
8. Make the creative team partners in the brief.
13. Don’t fall in love with good work.
17. Do not sell.
20. Client presentations are as important as new business presentations.
28. Listening is more important than talking.
31. Be brief, be bright, be gone.
33. Always follow up.
38. Great work wins business; a great relationship keeps it.
40. Make no commitment without consultation.
48. No surprises about money or time.
50. If things go wrong, take the blame. The full list (below) is the table of contents from the Art of Client Service.
Buy online at Chapters ($16)